Seeking Beta Swap for Gothic/Fabulist Novella

Kayla Koontz

Jul 14, 2024, 4:57:10 PM (13 days ago) Jul 14
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my novella. Happy to swap and really looking for writers who love to read magical realism/fabulism/etc. It's been really hard to find readers that are specifically interested in those genres to beta for me. The novella currently stands at 44k (awkward length I know). Would love to swap a few chapters to get a feel if its a good fit. Promise I'll put a lot of love and care into my critique/beta reader!

**contains spoilers, stop at the first line if you'd rather be surprised when beta reading**

Blurb: Ominous is a fabulist retelling of the myth of Kassandra reimagined as a contemporary gothic tale set in an isolated California mountain town deeply entrenched in the illegal cannabis industry. Kas is a prophet no one believes, but when she has an omen that the kingpin's son will die in three days, she still tries to warn her childhood friend. After the son, Blue, breaks her out of the king's dungeon, they depart on a journey to discover if an omen can be stopped. The only omen that hasn’t come true for Kas? The death of a black cat. But when a séance with the undead cat goes horribly wrong, Kas and Blue uncover a darker secret about the mysterious dead body they discovered as children and learn the truth about the last prophet on the Ridge.

Thank you and happy writing :)
Kayla