Adult Literary Women's Fiction/Chick Lit 80K

Jeanne Adams

Mar 28, 2021, 2:44:37 PM3/28/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi!

I am looking for CP who would be interested trading/critiquing MS. I've been edited many times and I'm just looking for one last run through.

My book is humorous women's fiction story about  27-year-old, down on her luck, Sarah  who chooses to visit all the restaurants in town that give away free samples on her birthday. It has a lot of heart and references #metoo and as well as the myriad of relationships in a woman's life.

The last book I fell in love was The Song of Achilles. I also love Barbara Kingsolver and Rainbow Rowell.

I am unpublished and do not have an agent YET!

I look forward to working with you. Email me at jhov...@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jeanne

Rishika Sen

Mar 30, 2021, 9:12:21 AM3/30/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi!
This sounds really interesting, and I'd love to be your CP.
My current MS is contemporary YA/NA and here's the logline:

After being forced to stay with her aunt in India during winter break, Ria finds love from the grumpy film student sitting next to her on the plane.

It's around 70K and I've self-edited it a few times but it's not totally perfect. I'm unagented and unpublished. I'm mostly looking for someone who could help with the big picture and help understand if there are any loose ends, if the voice is engaging if the story is too stretched out and other storytelling things.

As with my writing, I like reading Contemporary books. The most recent book I've finished is Darius the Great is Not Okay. A tv show that I drew inspiration from while writing is This is Us.
 Let me know if you're interested :)