Seeking CP/Beta Reader for High Fantasy Adventure with a Twist

Gabriella Amleto

Jun 24, 2024, 12:26:18 PM (13 days ago) Jun 24
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi this is my first time in this group but I am so excited to find a critique partner!

My book is a 93.9K High Fantasy Adventure for both YA and Adult audiences
It's called The Testament Series: Book I - Moon and is the first of a trilogy to kick off my own magical world.

Through scars and madness the people of Celen barely scraped by a thousand year war prompted by King Gishan, the first soul to have entered the afterlife of shadows and consequently become its ruler. Over five hundred years the world regrew broken and splintered and all those with magic in the middle of its conflicts.

 Silver Moon is the last lunar mage, employed by the Moon to protect the world. Which is hard to do when there are too many countries to count and double the amount of problems. The world is separated and divided tenfold and it hasn’t made her job any easier for roughly the past six years. Now she saved the last member of a village that the Moon’s archive didn’t even have a single record of. This naive girl has no real world skills and barely proper magic. Silver Moon doubts the village girl will last long but keeps her around anyway because this isn’t like her other missions. The consequence for failure is death. Gathering and going where she needs to in order to recreate the chains for Gishan’s imprisonment won’t be easy, but it’s needed, so she’ll boldly go forward, whether or not the village girl keeps up is her problem.

Beyond this general overview I would say that this book is like those fantasy adventures we used to read as kids but with realism in regards to trauma and what that can do to a person.

I'd love feedback as soon as possible as I hope to be pitching to agents soon. Max would be a month - a month and a half but would love to work with someone long term who loves the characters and world as much as I do to bounce ideas off each other for their works and mine. I'm looking for any type of feedback, how the story reads, if everything is flushed out, what I could include to make it better. It's 95% done but I just need that 5% of fresh eyes to really make it complete.

I thrive off prescriptive feedback but it doesn't mean there can't be a conversation about it, and I would love to also give prescriptive feedback to my cp too. It's mostly 'hey this feels a little rushed maybe if you had a scene at this part with x' or 'I don't know if this character's motivation is strong enough to do what they're doing, maybe z could help with that?' Only to prompt the conversation and get the ball rolling on how to make the story better in your way as we bounce ideas off each other to brainstorm -- often that's how the unexpected pop up and make something great. I'm willing to take on any genre as long as it isn't nonfiction, thriller or horror. Look forward to meeting y'all!