Seeking CP for YA/NA Ancient Macedonian historical fiction ~94k words

Olivia Danielle

Nov 24, 2021, 11:06:54 PM11/24/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
I'm looking for a CP or beta reader for a YA/NA accidental historical fiction.

I'm normally a fantasy writer and I started this story with the intent to have magic and/or gods, but that never felt quite right, so an accidental straight up historical fiction.

The blurb:
One war. Two lives. Three points in time. Era is the daughter of one of the wealthiest and most influential men in the Macedonian empire.  Zachaeus is a soldier in the Roman army.  As their lives intertwine, they must wrestle with the idea that duty means giving up their personal dreams and freedom.  Will they give up everything to chase their dreams or uphold the duties they've they've always known?

In desperate need of a title.

I'm happy to trade critiques and would love a long-term partner or partners.  I love a good fantasy and anything with a good, tragic romance.

jonathanfr...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2021, 7:58:55 AM11/27/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Olivia, would you consider critiquing MG material?  I have a number of MG and Kid novels and novellas both in progress and complete.

Jonathan

Luis Roncayolo

Jan 23, 2022, 11:40:39 AM1/23/22
to Critique Partner Matchup

Hi Olivia, Your story and period are intriguing and I would be interested in taking a look at your work. I have several projects in the fires: an Epic Fantasy based on Indo-European ideas, an Historical UF set in Venice c.1550, and a different Historical UF set in St. Louis c. 1878.

The premise for the one that I am focusing on, the Venetian UF, is that the Renaissance brought back not just the science and learning of the Ancient World, but the Gods as well. I'm doing a lot of reading and research of the things they would be bringing back...

Best,
Luis

The Crow Chronicles

Jan 23, 2022, 8:53:45 PM1/23/22
to Critique Partner Matchup

Hi Olivia!
I really enjoy reading historical fictions, and I would love to be your critique partner.
Would you be interested in critiquing a middle grade fantasy?

Here’s the blurb of my book:

No normal kid has ever tried paranormal ice cream. Nor have they visited a supernatural zoo, experienced mystical holidays, or toured a mesmerizing factory. However, this story isn't about normal children.

When mysterious men in white suits arrive at the doorsteps of Olivia Lee, David Gonzales, Vanessa Irvine, and Eric Andrews, they don't suspect a thing. However, when they are taken to a different planet, they begin to wonder: was anything they thought they knew about their lives true at all? Once they arrive on Magia, the four not only learn that they were born there, it's also a planet of magic. Before their questions could overcome them, the four meet Mr. Hale, who generously takes the children into his custody and forms a close bond with them. While on Magia, the four visit many sensational sights, and the planet seems like a paradise. However, no place is perfect. Magia has a deep dark secret. A secret that slowly shines through, no matter how wonderful the planet seems. A secret that could threaten all bliss in the realm. A secret that enigmatically revolves around the four...