Seeking Beta Readers - QPOC Contemporary YA (67k)

Ling Mei

Mar 30, 2021, 8:22:56 PM3/30/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello! My name is Ling and I'm a QPOC writer looking for up to 2 beta readers to read the first draft of my completed manuscript! Please reach me through email if interested :^)

Target Audience: teens ages 14 and up, young adults, LGBTQ folks, POC folks

Blurb: Pitched as Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe meets Lady Bird, THESE TINY TOWNS is an #OwnVoices Contemporary YA (67,000 words) about the cultivated indifferent existence of a young boy who learns to fall in love with the world and himself as he dreams of running away to the West Coast for college.

Contact: hellol...@gmail.com

Rishika Sen

Mar 30, 2021, 8:24:12 PM3/30/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
hey, are you interested to do a manuscript swap?
Here are the details of my book:

YA Contemporary Romance, which is completed at 71k words.

Here's a small blurb:
"Eighteen-year-old Ria has always been a people-pleaser. She puts on a facade in front of everyone other than her best friends, Ash and Luke, striving to be well-liked and popular. But when her mother springs a surprise trip to her aunt’s house at Bangalore, India upon her, her plan goes haywire. Suddenly, she has this whole new world where she can be anyone she wants for two weeks. The plan gets even more haywire when she sits next to the obnoxious, albeit attractive, Kabir Joshi on the plane, someone who prides himself on his authenticity and looks down at Ria from the moment he meets her. But as the two of them bond over Kabir’s film project and Ria starts understanding the importance of being unapologetically herself, she’s reminded with every passing day that her time in Bangalore is coming to an end. When she returns will Ria be able to finally remove her facade and stand up for herself, or will she continue to exist the same way she did for as long as she remembers?"

I've self-edited it a few times,
Let me know if you're interested :)

Ling

Mar 31, 2021, 2:51:25 PM3/31/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
** UPDATE: Closed 3/31/21 **

I'll be closing my beta reader request for the time being as my slots are already full. I will update this post again (or make a new one) once I reopen if finding a new round of betas.

To those who reached out to me, thank you for your interest!