Memoir on sudden death investigation

Maggie

Jan 16, 2021, 2:44:31 PM1/16/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi all!

I'm 4 drafts into my memoir (68k words) and could really use a different set of eyes on this. It's about the sudden death of my mother by EVALI (electronic vape associated lung injury), my family's fight for law enforcement to recognize her death as unusual, and the subsequent investigation that led to the arrest of two men potentially responsible for the distribution of counterfeit marijuana vapes to the entire Southeast region.

Willing to swap!

MegaRambit

Mar 30, 2021, 9:10:56 PM3/30/21
to Critique Partner Matchup

Hey,  Magda!
My name is Lyndsey (age 27), though I self-publish under the name "L. Rambit." My goodreads is here, if you'd like to check out some of the books and reviews I write!

This memoir sounds like an interesting read that I'd absolutely be willing to help with. What precisely are you looking for in a partner? Grammar, content? I've done peer editing for other self-published authors before. Fictional stories, of course, as this is my first time venturing into non-fiction, but I suspect the same rules apply for editing and review.

I am also working on a memoir, about the same length as yours, that I am on the second draft of. I would dearly appreciate a swap! Would you be willing to trade the first 50 pages of your story for mine? I would happily peer read and critique your writing (obviously not your story, as it's personal non-fiction; just the way it's told, if I need things cleared up, explained differently, etc).

I hope we can make a good match, and work out something that works for us!! Thank you for your time,

Lyndsey (rambi...@gmail.com)