Seeking Accountability Buddy for Adult Haunting/Spec Fic Novel

Georgia Silverman

Mar 10, 2021, 6:43:00 PM3/10/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello everyone!

My name is Georgia Silverman. I'm looking for someone to be a critique/accountability partner. I'm currently writing a novel that I think falls into the category of hauntings and magical realism. It's about a girl who can see ghosts, though I wouldn't categorize it as haunting exactly; and it deals a lot with grief and how to deal with it.

The last thing I read that I really connected to was "And I Do Not Forgive You: Stories & Other Revenges" by Amber Sparks (also, "The Haunting of Hill House" by Shirley Jackson).

I'm still working on the first draft, so ideally, I was thinking of one or two people who are also on the first draft of their novel (or are heavily revising). I'm open to most genres, and I love things that are genre-bending or mash-ups. I'm looking for someone who will be able to give feedback and an outside perspective. I was also hoping we'd be able to keep each other accountable, because I know I sometimes get lost in my head with that kind of stuff.

Looking forward to hearing!

Best,
Georgia

Savanna

Mar 17, 2021, 7:23:01 PM3/17/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Georgia!

I'm interested in seeing if we might be a fit. My WIP is a literary horror short story collection, if you're open to short fiction. Light on gore, heavy on feminist themes. I have a handful of stories in various states of completion, with the rest outlined and waiting. My goal is to complete eight stories by June and start querying. At that point I will get started on a novel.

I currently have one wonderful CP but she's quite busy with a 9-5, and I'm lucky enough to have my days freed up for writing right now. I want to take advantage of this while I can, but "lost in my head" is a great way to put my current state! Like you, I'm looking for feedback, perspective, accountability, and commitment.

Please let me know if you're interested in exchanging pages.

Thanks!
Savanna

Victoria *

Mar 19, 2021, 3:13:51 PM3/19/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello Georgia. Your project sounds interesting. Can I email you to discuss things further?

Kevin Emmons

Mar 20, 2021, 5:06:49 PM3/20/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello. If anyone is still looking, I'm also searching for a critique partner for short stories and my novel wip. I write various forms of speculative fiction, usually with a horror bent. The novel is about a woman who receives the memories of coma patients, the first of which leads her into the sights of a killer who aligns his murders to the cycle of a comet. Not sure yet if it's horror or thriller. You're welcome to mail me at kevine...@gmail.com. I'm happy to trade samples.
Message has been deleted

Helena

Apr 8, 2021, 9:20:49 AM4/8/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Savanna,

This sounds so interesting!

I'm currently working on a literary horror short story collection of my own. Two of my pieces have been accepted for publication in litmags, the rest I'm still working on. I'm looking for either a critique partners or a small, dedicated critique group.

Recent collections I've read and loved include Daddy by Emma Cline, FEN by Daisy Johnson, and Sabrina & Corina by Kali Fajardo-Anstine.

If you're still looking for a CP or critique group, feel free to write me at helen...@outlook.com

Either way, best of luck with your collection!

Helena