Adult fantasy set in future Asia, mpov and dark themes looks for long term CPs

Suzanna B. W.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:01:36 PMApr 25
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi All,

I am looking  for a long term CP, who not only points out the opportunities to improve but also thing that work well. I  like to do the same when I critique. Happy to agree on deadlines and keep them to the best of our abilities, and we could just let each other know when our life gets too busy.

I have two adult fantasy projects. One I have a full MS (138k words) and one in progress (33k words) in. Both mpov. I would be happy to receive feedback on either or both.

They are set in Asia a couple hundred years after our time. There has been many wars and the borders have been redrawn. It is a fantasy so there is magic system and lore attached. :)
If you like to read about darker themes (armies, mobsters, addiction, trauma and morally very grey characters)  drop me a line.

Regarding the books I really connected with lately are the 'Seven Moons of Maali Almeida' by Shehan Karunatilaka and 'The Dark Tower' book series by Stephen King (just to add something maybe more well known)

I am happy to read Fantasy, SiFi, Dark Romance, Historical Fiction and Magical Realism.
best,

Suzanna

Penny King

Jul 17, 2024, 8:44:20 PM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Suzanna,

I'd be super interested to hear more details about either of your projects! If you're still looking for a CP, I'd love to swap a couple chapters.

My current novel is set in a world partially inspired by ancient Babylon and is NA fantasy. The main character has been saved from death and brought back to life by the angels, the omnipotent gods hailed as divine rulers, for the sole purpose of ensuring the nation’s prince sacrifices to them before he is crowned king. Infiltrating the palace as an acolyte, the mc learns the prince is secretly meeting with the rebellion, aiming to depose the angels’ influence and power.

Let me know if you'd be interested! Email me at pkkin...@gmail.com

Best,
Penny