CP for YA LGBT romance w/ light fantasy

Victoria Studer

Jun 22, 2024, 2:11:39 PMJun 22
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi! I'm looking for a critique partner (or several) for my YA LGBT+ romance Noel. There are some light fantasy elements.

One-line pitch: Santa's son flees south seeking a normal life, but a charming show choir performer causes him to reevaluate the true meaning of Christmas.

Last book I read: My joke to myself is if it has words, I'll read it. I'm currently re-reading Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop, and I just finished Borrow my Heart by Kasie West.

Book that I feel epitomizes me as a reader: If I'm being honest, Garner's Modern English Usage. I absolutely love grammar, and this dictionary doesn't just give meanings of words but how they're used and how they've evolved as well.

Important/interesting to note: I'm on the autism spectrum and I'm aphantastic, which means that I have a really hard time visualizing. Basically, to me words are just words. I can't call to mind a picture when I read, and I'm much better noticing details than big-picture connections. (This doesn't mean I won't be a good critique partner, but if you're looking for someone to help you brainstorm your character's arc, I'm probably not the best fit.)

If you're interested, feel free to reach out via email: rhythm...@gmail.com

Stay awesome!

~Tori