Seeking CP for Contemporary Short Stories

101 visningar

Magnolia

oläst,
1 dec. 2021 18:51:422021-12-01
till Critique Partner Matchup
Hello!
I'm Magnolia, and I'm looking for feedback on two of my short stories (both around 1k).The first one is called The Memories We Burned, and it is about two competing artists burning paintings. The second is called Exit Egress, and it is about two bandmates confronting how their band has ruined their friendship. I am also working on two fantasy novels at the moment, though neither of them are ready for critiques.

I am a creative writing student in university, and I have not published anything yet. I am willing to critique short stories or novels, though it may take longer for the novels. I read a variety of genres, but I am most comfortable with fantasy (adult or ya) and literary/contemporary fiction. I am hoping to find a long-term CP to exchange work with.

The most recent book I read that I loved is My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russel, though I don't think I would recommend this to many people due to its disturbing content. The book that I'd say epitomizes me as a reader would be The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab or History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund. Both of these books are very atmospheric, which is my favorite part about writing at the moment.

If you are interested in my stories, feel free to message me!

Amita Basu

oläst,
2 dec. 2021 09:37:052021-12-02
till Critique Partner Matchup
Dear Maggie,

Re: your post for a critique partner -- sounds interesting. I write short fiction too, everything from micro to novelettes. I'm working on a novel too, literary political fiction in a pseudohistorical setting. Am partway through a draft, not ready to share chapters with new readers since the chapters I've already drafted need edits with feedback from my existing critique partners. For now I'm looking for a crit partner for my short fiction.

I've published some short fiction in the last couple of years -- my portfolio's on my site.

Let me know if this sounds interesting.

Best regards.

Amita Basu

Francesca

oläst,
8 jan. 2022 17:55:182022-01-08
till Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Magnolia,

Your short stories sound really interesting. I write short stories too, although I don't have anything that needs critiquing at present, usually fantasy/magic/horror. I also have a fantasy novel, and like YA. My Dark Vanessa is a novel I've been seeing online a bit so it actually went on my to-read today!

I'm happy to take a look at your stories? What in particular do you want me to look at/critique?

Best,
Francesca
Svara alla
Svara författaren