CP/beta for adult paranormal/psychological thriller

Surrly

Nov 22, 2021, 3:01:34 PM11/22/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
HI,

I have an adult paranormal story that I need feedback on. One of my betas categorized it as a psychological thriller (which delighted me.)

Quick blurb: The DarkWithin: When a man goes on a meditation retreat to help deal with his claustrophobia, he begins to see a dark shadow figure. Chalking it up to emotional trauma from his past, he ignores it. Then it follows him back home.

About me: I have written three novels. The first got me an agent. The second lost me that agent ( and I need to revise it). The third is this one I'm currently trying to get feedback on. None of them are published (yet.) I've been writing for a long time and have an MFA (although I don't write lit fic and tend more toward dark/light comedy and scary ghost stories). This is my first horror novel.

I'd LOVE to find a/multiple long-term partner(s). Someone who's open to beta/critting whole novels. I'm happy to read yours (either in chapters or the whole thing at once.) I'm also open to meeting every two or three weeks (over zoom, etc) for crits. I'm also open to people who write short stories (as long as you're okay reading a whole novel.)

I read almost anything except for fantasy and erotica. I don't have a lot of experience in romance or YA/MG but am open to reading (and possibly writing)  both of those genres.

LMK at cortwrites at g mail . com

Surrly

Nov 22, 2021, 3:29:35 PM11/22/21
I also meant to add word count: 110k.  I'd really like to cut it down to 90-100k. So far, the betas who have read it said that it's a fast read and they wouldn't cut any parts out. Just polish it up. :/