Looking for a CPs for my WIP Novella | Contemporary Fiction, Adult

Rahel Madhira

Feb 21, 2021, 2:06:33 AM2/21/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Logline: A young single mom meets an unassuming widower and develops an unlikely bond in Bangalore (India).

Blurb:
Single mom Anaya struggles with raising her daughter alone, and with memories of her failed marriage. She has almost resigned herself to remain single forever when she meets Vivek, a reclusive widower. But Vivek is fourteen years older, and they have different roots in culture & language. He’s a curd rice eating Kannadiga, and she's a biryani loving Bengali. There is a nuance in their expectations with dating as well. Despite this, they share an enjoyable companionship.

Is it only grief and loneliness which draws them together, or could their attraction be a sign of something deeper and meaningful?

*****
Hi, I'm writing my debut novella and have reached 14k/25k with a clear idea of progress and end. Looking for a critique partner.

I like to get a perspective on story structure, pacing, readability, characterisation, and any general criticism and feedbacks are most welcome. Grammar is my weakness since English is my second language, I'd appreciate it if you can give me some pointers.

I am happy to crit swap. Recently read Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin and currently reading The Brothers Karamazov.

Thanks!
Rahel Madhira is my pen-name

Design For Living, a novella, Rahel Madhira.png

elena alla

Feb 28, 2021, 8:40:03 AM2/28/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Rahel!

I would be glad to swap with you!

I have an 18k novella set in 1958 Cuba, about the entertainment, glamour, and corruption of the era. If you are interested, please contact me via email at allae...@gmail.com

Regards

The Word Seamstress

Mar 30, 2021, 12:27:35 AM3/30/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Rahel,

I'm Bhavana and looking for a critique partner too. My current WIP is YA/NA Thriller set in Bangalore and here's the logline:

Four college friends, having witnessed the kidnapping of their attacker, bury the crisis until a stalker blackmails them to reveal their secret.

I'm currently self-editing and hope to be done next month (Camp NaNoWriMo Goal). Right now it's 60.8k words long and once done I would like a fresh pair of eyes to get feedback on the big picture elements.

I read almost any genre. I'm currently reading "Write Your Novel From the Middle" by James Scott Bell. My latest fiction read "The Great Gatsby".

I hope we can help each other out :)