Seeking critique partner for Contemporary Adult Romance

Sabrina Dey

Sep 19, 2020, 6:39:11 PM9/19/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi all!

I'm seeking a critique partner for my contemporary adult romance novel... I feel it's incomplete (or maybe not?!) at 50k and could use some feedback on how to bulk it up (or not!)

If you're interested, let's exchange the first chapter and see if we're a good fit. TIA!

-Sabrina

Cass North

Sep 29, 2020, 4:42:06 PM9/29/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Sabrina, I just finished a romantic suspense novel and would like to know if you read any of that type of book?
I read a lot of romance and have some CP and some writer's group experience. Top three favorite authors today are Tessa Bailey, Mary Balogh, and Meghan March. Most read authors: Nora Roberts, Dick Francis, and Grace Burrowes.
Let me know if you'd be interested in exploring a partnership.

~Jeannie

Lindsay Morton

Oct 7, 2020, 6:10:29 PM10/7/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Sabrina,

I'm working on a YA rom com, in the vein of Meg Cabot or Jennifer Echols, much more on the sweet end than the steamy, if that sounds at all interesting. It's about 55,000 words and is essentially complete, in that the story is all there, but I think the middle could be build out a bit. It needs some help int he structure and pace departments especially.

Cheers,

Lindsay

Alysha Dominico

Oct 8, 2020, 8:17:38 PM10/8/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hey guys - can I join in on this group? I'm writing a YA contemporary - I'd love it to be a rom com Lindsay! I'm at 55K words and just re-jigging it to get it ready for first round of queries in early Dec. I'd be happy to submit a few pages with any of you to see if we're a fit?
I'm on Twitter and IG @AlyshaDominico

Alysha

Cass North

Oct 13, 2020, 4:07:19 PM10/13/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello,
So far in this thread, I see Alysha, Sabrina, Lindsay, and myself interested in a critique group or partners for YA, rom-suspense, rom-com genres.
I'm ready to send my first chapter for review to anyone still interested.
Thanks--Jeannie (pen name Cass North)

Lindsay Morton

Oct 13, 2020, 8:40:37 PM10/13/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Count me in, Jeannie!

David Arnold

Oct 14, 2020, 9:45:35 AM10/14/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
I would like to find a crit partner or two. I am writing a contemporary adult romance novel.
My story attempts to reveal the Lord's destiny for our life, including the interaction of our guardian
angels.

Lindsay Morton

Oct 14, 2020, 10:01:22 PM10/14/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Yes, let's get to know each other! You can find me @Lindseeeeee

Katelyn Lang

Oct 25, 2020, 4:18:23 AM10/25/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi all!

I'm seeking crit partners too! My current WIP is at 20K words and it's a steamy romance with a hint of urban fantasy.

Sarah Farson

Oct 25, 2020, 12:01:04 PM10/25/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a critique partner to exchange work with. My wip is commercial, women's fiction with an 85K word count that deals with themes of family, religion, and belonging. I provide detailed feedback with a heavy emphasis on plot, characterization, and pacing. Please email me if you're interested in working sarahe...@gmail.com

Aurora Palit

Nov 10, 2020, 11:21:23 AM11/10/20
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi Lindsay,

 My apologies that I missed your message: I took a bit of a writing hiatus in October (went back to work full time, womp womp) but I think what you're looking for in a CP matches my own struggles right now. Let's connect! I followed you on Twitter - send me a dm if you're interested!

Danyl Doyle

May 18, 2021, 11:10:50 PM5/18/21
to Critique Partner Matchup

I'd love to share and provide feedback. I have several romantic adventures, romantic suspense or romantic thrillers I'm working on (along with some short stories). Let me know if you are still interested.
Danyl

Danyl Doyle

May 18, 2021, 11:11:10 PM5/18/21