Seeking East Asian Sensitivity Reader for NA Fantasy

Penny King

Jul 17, 2024, 8:48:21 PM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on the latest draft of my New Adult fantasy novel set in a world partially inspired by ancient Babylon. The main character, Mizura, has been saved from death and brought back to life by the angels, the omnipotent gods hailed as divine rulers, for the sole purpose of ensuring the nation’s prince sacrifices to them before he is crowned king. Infiltrating the palace as an acolyte, Mizura learns the prince is secretly meeting with the rebellion, aiming to depose the angels’ influence and power.

There's lots of queer characters and themes of complicity within greater power structures. I would love an East Asian sensitivity reader, given my main character's race.

I do not have an agent, but am seeking to query within the next year :)

Let me know if you'd be interested!!

Happy writing,
Penny