Seeking Alpha Reader for YA Urban Fantasy

Sachi

Jan 12, 2022, 2:35:33 PM1/12/22
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello everyone!

Im currently drafting a YA Urban Fantasy that’s very much Killing Eve x Little Mermaid x The Loch Ness Monster x environmental panic and would love someone to read over my chapters as I finish. I struggle with underwriting and am hoping to finish this draft at a somewhat reasonable WC and would love some guidance from an early reader on where I can beef up my descriptions, emotional beats, stakes, world building, etc.

Blurb:

The village beneath the lake used to thrive under the careful protection of those Of the Lake. Now, it chokes beneath a deadly algal bloom, a disastrous result of nutrient waste from the nearby city. When a young villager turns up dead, suffocated by the lack of oxygen available in the lake, Corealina takes it upon herself to head to land and put a stop to the humans once and for all. Alarmed by the growing number of human murders and fearing they’ll be exposed, the Governor of the village sends his daughter Lillian to land to track down her ex-girlfriend, Corealina and bring her back to the lake. The two engage in a deadly cat and mouse throughout the city, torn between doing what they believe is right and an unmistakable passion bubbling between them.

If anyone is interested in reading this chapter by chapter, please let me know! :) Also, I am currently reading The Lost Girls by Sonia Hartl