Critique Partner for NA Self Help Book

ClassicSplendour

Jun 13, 2022, 2:57:51 AM6/13/22
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi there,

my name is Elena Carroll and I have just completed my first manuscript for what I call a "cut the crap self help book". The title is still yet to be chosen.

My intent while writing has always been to create a ‘cut the crap’ self development book. While on my own journey of understanding the truth about what it means to live a meaningful life at age 26, I felt there was a loss in the market for self development books that actually acknowledged the pain that is a natural part of life. The message is the same amongst the self help books that are currently in stores, life can be a worthwhile pursuit if you can maintain positive thinking and a beneficial routine. For 10 years now I have bought these books and adapted my behaviour to the advice that was suggested only to find that when life got challenging and the negative thoughts arose, I stepped back into old behavioural patterns.

I aim to share the truth of the human experience, the good and the bad, and to help navigate readers in their belief patterns towards a more meaningful life.  Each chapter has been illustrated by me and has a spiritual but also realist approach followed by narrations of my own personal experiences to give a deeper meaning to the lesson.

Looking for some feedback and to help someone else out in the same field.

Thank-you in advance!
Elena