Seeking CP for YA Fantasy Romace

Lily Engel

Dec 1, 2021, 10:50:36 AM12/1/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for critique partners for my novel (about 115K words).

My pitch is:
When Ciel Briar attends the Crown Prince of Faerie's birthday revel, she meets his assassin. She is the only one who can identify him and becomes the Crown Prince's Watcher. Ciel and the Crown Prince begin to develop feelings for one another, but things get messy when Ciel is swept into his assassin's life. She must decide whose side she will take: the assassin or her beloved Crown Prince.

If you're interest in faeries and fantasy, and would like to try working together, let me know!

I'm currently reading "The Starless Sea" by Erin Morgenstern, and I think "The Cruel Prince" by Holly Black as well as "Heir of Fire" by Sarah J. Maas probably epitomizes me as a reader.

(You can respond to the post or reach me at lilysoph...@gmail.com)

martha flick

Jan 11, 2022, 2:02:04 PM1/11/22
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hi,

I'd be interested in a possible swap. I'm working on an action fantasy series with a side romance; its slightly under 60k because its more of a novella. If you're interested and still looking we could swap a few chapters and see if our styles are similiar.

I sent you an email with the following:
Deceit, intrigue, and potential romance. Characters with trust issues; those who will learn what is means to place trust in someone they don’t know well.

A young woman, an apprentice healer, dedicated to becoming a healer, one day a master travels with her master/mentor to visit the ruling kingdom family. She’s in the sixth year of a seven-year apprenticeship. Visiting court is the last thing Macayla wishes to do, but her master insists she make connections before her apprenticeship ends.

She thought offering her aid would be a mistake. . . but she had no choice. It was that or watch them die.

Macayla doesn’t need a boss; she’s already got a master.

Bern’s faces a situation requiring a master’s skill, but is stuck with an apprentice.

One he’s not sure is up to the job, one not worth his time, or is she worth much more?

He’s bossy. She’s stubborn. Can they work together for a common good?

You can contact me at flickmj at gmail dot com.