Seeking Betas for Complete YA Fantasy

Izzy Judy

Aug 17, 2021, 12:59:17 AMAug 17
to Critique Partner Matchup

Hey all!

I have recently finished the second draft of my YA Fantasy story (95k words), and am now looking for a few beta readers to go over the full thing and provide feedback. Mainly, I would be looking for critique on pacing, world building, characters, the magic system, etc. I just want fresh eyes to read it and tell me what they liked, and what needs work. I would like a pretty fast turnaround on this, around 3-4 weeks, so please only respond if you think you can work with that timeline!

I found my CPs through this forum, so I'm hoping to get lucky and find a good fit with betas, as well.

Here is a brief working blurb:

Taken from her home as a child because of the coveted magic in her veins, Sophie has dedicated the past ten years to learning how to lead Xendara as part of its ruling Council. But as her eighteenth birthday nears and she prepares to finally take her seat, she is kidnapped while traveling back to her home city.

When Alex is hired by rebels to retrieve Sophie, he expects it to be an easy job, and quick money. But he soon learns that he’s gotten more than he signed up for, and finds himself being pulled into Sophie’s world, unable to leave her defenseless with a Council intent on seeing her dead.

Thrust into a rebel movement bent on destroying everything Sophie stands for, she quickly learns that what she's been taught about Xendara and The Council is a lie. And when the person she trusts most in the world kills someone she loves, she flees to a neighboring kingdom to plot her revenge. With death hovering just months away, she must choose: risk her life and return to The Council, or ally herself with Alex and betray her friends.

If this interests you, you can email me directly or respond to this thread. I look forward to hearing from you!

~Izzy J