Seeking Critique Partners for Adult Cyberpunk/Sci-fi Noir action story

rksta...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2021, 12:12:09 AM6/2/21
to Critique Partner Matchup

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for critique partners or beta readers for my recently completed second draft. The story itself is science fiction with heavy cyberpunk/sci-fi noir leanings and is action oriented (for the movie watchers reading this, think along the lines of things like The Matrix, John Wick, Craig's Bond movies, etc.). It's for adults, as there is a good helping of violence throughout (for example: back-to-back fist fights in a night club early on, a rolling gun battle, armed ambushes) and a few sexual references.

The draft weighs in at just over 111k words and doesn't yet have a title. Here's a blurb I've thrown together to give you an idea of what you'd be getting into.

Abigail Warren had no idea what she was getting into when the young woman died in her arms, but when she learns that the girl is connected to an employee at the Aoshida corporation - one of many - who recently vanished without a trace, she's obligated to look into it as a high-ranking security agent for the company.

So why, then, did someone from her own company just fire her and put a bounty on her head?

When augmented street gangers, corporate soldiers, and one particular, seemingly unstoppable cyborg all come gunning for her, she'll have to muster every last resource and ounce of skill she can to survive and get to the bottom of the conspiracy that she just stumbled into.

I'm not agented, I don't even know if this particular story is something I'd consider submitting for publication, but I do want to get a sense for whether or not I've got something here.

The last book I read that I loved ended up being a heavy influence on this, and was called Necrotech by KC Alexander.

I'm mostly looking for commentary on things like pacing, characters, plot, flow, and things of that nature. I'll go into more detail if you have any questions.

If this story sounds like something you'd be interested in, please let me know by either replying here or emailing rksta...@gmail.com and I'll set up the first 50 or so pages for you to read to see if you'd like to continue.

Thanks!