Re: Seeking CPs for my Queer YA Fantasy

Message has been deleted

bookslifeot...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2021, 1:02:15 PM3/31/21
to Critique Partner Matchup
Hello :)

We're in very similar stages of the editing process- I've got a completed ms but am looking for someone to read it through cover to cover for big picture stuff, do you want to swap? Mine is 80k YA Magical Realism/Urban Fantasy

On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 4:47:48 PM UTC+1 Sophia Reagan wrote:
Hi!

My name is Sophia. I don't have an agent, but I've been writing seriously for a few years and I'd like to query this project soon. I'd love to work with people who are at a similar point in their writing/publishing journeys. This WIP has gone through a couple rounds of editing, but no one else has read it yet. I'd like to get feedback on big picture stuff mostly--does the plot make sense, are the character arcs satisfying, etc--but I'm open to anything. I've never had a CP before, so I want to find what works for me.

The last book I read and loved was The Mirror Season by Anna-Marie McLemore. My favorite book of all time is Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir.

My WIP is tentatively titled The Queen's Shadow. It's 85,000 words long. It's about a girl who uses dark magic to serve her queen (who she's madly in love with), but starts to question her loyalty when she meets a boy who actually seems to love her back. If you want a longer pitch or content warnings, I'd be happy to provide.

Thanks!

Message has been deleted