Presenting at the Critical Ethnic Studies Association Conference March 10th

Laura Kina

Mar 7, 2011, 8:20:49 AM3/7/11
to CriticalMixedRaceStudies
Hi CMRS friends:
If any of you are planning on attending the Critical Ethnic Studies
conference at UC Riverside this week, check out our panel.
Thanks,
Laura Kina

For the past three years, I've been working on a book project and
exhibition with Wei Ming Dariotis "War Baby/Love Child: Mixed Race
Asian American Art." We plan to present papers based on chapters we
have each written for our forthcoming book along with an artist
presentation by one of our featured artists - Gina Osterloh.

Critical Ethnic Studies Association Conference
University of California, Riverside
Critical Ethnic Studies and the Future of Genocide Settler Colonialism/
Heteropatriarchy/White Supremacy
Thursday, March 10, 2011 9am
Location - HUB 355
Panel 11.1 "War Baby/Love Child: Mixed Race Asian American Art"

Laura Kina, DePaul University: Chair

Laura Kina, DePaul University
"Same, Same, but Different": Mixed Racea Asian American Art and the
Postracial Dilemma

Gina Osterloh, Silverlens Gallery and François Ghebaly Gallery
Somewhere Tropical

Wei Ming Dariotis, San Francisco State University
Miscegenating the Discourse: How Mixed Race Studies Met Asian American
Studies and What Will Happen to Their Children

Visit the conference website for details: http://cesa.ucr.edu