Re: [Critical Care Nutrition] Digest for criticalcarenutrition@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

naoki higashibeppu

Jan 13, 2015, 8:52:21 AM1/13/15
to criticalca...@googlegroups.com

Hi there, I’m Naoki Higashibeppu MD, a Japanese anesthesiologist. I have one question for total energy given to patients in EDEN study.

 Of cause you know, some patients of EDEN study are included in OMEGA study, also. Those patients are given both energy stated in EDEN and OMEGA’s study formula(n3 rich or ordinary one).

 Therefor, they are given more energy than which are stated in EDEN study. Some doctors concerns about possibility of skewing the results by this disaccord of energy administration.

 Would you give me any suggestion about this term? Is there the possibility of EDEN excluded the patient who are included in OMEGA study?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Naoki Higashibeppu

##################

    Naoki Higashibeppu MD

  anesthesiologist, intensivist and NST chairman

  e-mail address: gas...@kcho.jp

Kobe City Medical Center General Hospital

Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care

Chairman of Nutrition Support Team

2-1-1, Minatojimaminamimachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe-city,

Hyogo, 650-0047, Japan

  TEL. 81+78(302)4321

  FAX. 81+78(302)7537