Re: [Critical Care Nutrition] Abridged summary of criticalcarenutrition@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

monica kennaley

Nov 3, 2016, 7:45:46 AM11/3/16
to criticalca...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your quick replies.
Yes I believe that I am overfeeding her.  We have no IC in my icu.
The surgeon noted an enlarged liver in the OR today. Liver function tests pending.
EN is not an option yet. Still needing more bowel surgery scheduled this week.
Less sedated now - propofol 1 mg/kg/min.

So I have reduced the total kcal.
Still using smof lipids but fat (propofol and smof) providing 25% of total kcal infused and < 1g/kg/d.
I am debating cycling the travasol and smof x 16 hrs. Discussing with the pharmacist tomorrow.
Thanks for the help;  Much appreciated.
Monica

On Wednesday, 2 November 2016, <criticalca...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
mkennaley <monicak...@gmail.com>: Oct 31 05:30PM -0700

Hello!
My pt is on tpn
Ischemic bowel post g tube perforation - now open abdomen with vac dressing. To the or x 5 times.
Intubated on min vent settings.
Tpn x 3 weeks.
I am worried about her ...more
Corilee Watters <corilee...@gmail.com>: Nov 01 07:56AM -0700

Monica,
Do you have access to indirect calorimetry? Might be helpful to avoid
over-feeding. The increase in TG may be related to infection, and the
suggestion to cycle SMOF might be helpful, and ...more