Evidence for giving bowel rest

Sandeep Kantor

May 29, 2016, 4:03:01 AM5/29/16
to criticalca...@googlegroups.com
Dear all
Is there any evidence  giving  bowel rest following continuous infusion or should we continue giving continuous infusion for 24 hours through enteral pump?
Thanks
Dr Sandeep

--

Dr. Sandeep Kantor. MD, FCCP, FCCM, FICCM

Luciana Sutanto

Jun 13, 2016, 7:15:44 AM6/13/16
to criticalca...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr Kantor.  I have read some studies about recommendation to stop enteral nutrition administration for some hours.  The reason was to maintain low gastric pH (less than 2.0), that generally kills bacteria.  Enteral nutrition will increase gastric pH.

LUCY