Understanding Science site

1 view

kiless

Jan 18, 2009, 1:53:42 AM1/18/09
to Critical Teaching
http://undsci.berkeley.edu/

"About Understanding Science

The mission of Understanding Science is to provide a fun, accessible,
and free resource that accurately communicates what science is and how
it really works. The process of science is exciting, but standard
explanations often miss its dynamic nature. Science affects us all
everyday, but people often feel cut off from science. Science is an
intensely human endeavor, but many portrayals gloss over the passion,
curiosity, and even rivalries and pitfalls that characterize all human
ventures. Understanding Science gives users an inside look at the
general principles, methods, and motivations that underlie all of
science. "

cste...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2009, 11:31:38 AM1/18/09
to Critical Teaching
I have only quickly glanced at this link, but it looks like a jewel.
(I have added it to our resources.) The more sites like this that are
brought to our attention, the more I think that being a clearinghouse,
one more place that people can find good resources, is a great thing
for us to focus on. That includes getting the word out through blogs
and speaking. (I have added a member blog category to our resources
page.) I would also like to continue to highlight member resources and
add them to our resources page as they are developed, but I don't
think that we should over tax ourselves by trying to come up with new
content.

cstein