New Book

badrescher

Dec 15, 2008, 12:45:58 PM12/15/08
to Critical Teaching
I just came across this book in an eBook ad. I haven't read it, so I
cannot comment on the quality, but the authors are familiar and the
topic will be of great interest to more than a few of you!

Essentials of Evidence-Based Academic Interventions
Authors: Wendling, Barbara J. & Mather, Nancy
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons

Here is their summary: "Federal laws such as No Child Left Behind
mandate that schools demonstrate how federal funds are being spent on
scientifically based programs, making it essential that practitioners
know which procedures are most effective for improving academic
performance. Essentials of Evidence-Based Academic Interventions
collects in one convenient reference all of the evidence-based
interventions for working with children who need help in reading,
writing, and math. Easy to use, this practical book for special and
general education teachers and school psychologists presents features
including "Don't Forget," "Rapid References," and "Test Yourself"
questions."

-Barb

kiless

Jan 4, 2009, 12:29:15 PM1/4/09
to Critical Teaching
Wow, that is an excellent find, thanks! :) I wonder if they've got any
interviews out about it, I should go look around...