Request - Who is teaching skepticism?

kiless

Jan 4, 2009, 12:33:00 PM1/4/09
to Critical Teaching
Hi, got a request from a friend:

They have a new textbook about to be published by a big company, a
great one from all the buzz I'm hearing about it - imagine an updated,
'Why People Believe In Weird Things'-kind of text.

The publisher has sent them "an author's questionnaire, and part of it
is, do I know of teachers who might use the textbook."

Now, I have a list from Skeptic.com from a few years back, which lists
syllabi from many professors. However, quite a few of them date from
the early 2000s.

Are there any professors here, who are teaching college (or possibly
after high school resource book) who might use such a book or consider
incorporating it?

badrescher

Jan 4, 2009, 1:20:12 PM1/4/09
to Critical Teaching
I would consider it.

-Barb

kil...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2009, 1:24:55 PM1/4/09
to critical...@googlegroups.com
*promptly adds you!!!* Thanks so much! :) Which college should I say you're affiliated with?

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:20 AM, badrescher <badre...@gmail.com> wrote:

I would consider it.

-Barb

kiless

Jan 4, 2009, 1:26:00 PM1/4/09
to Critical Teaching
Ah, sorry - CSU Northridge, yes? You're on the top of my list, now. :)

On Jan 5, 3:24 am, "kil...@gmail.com" <kil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *promptly adds you!!!* Thanks so much! :) Which college should I say you're
> affiliated with?

Matt Lowry

Jan 5, 2009, 11:07:39 AM1/5/09
to Critical Teaching
I'd be very interested in obtaining a copy of this book. Thanks!