Hotels Dragon*Con!

1 view

kiless

Feb 25, 2009, 3:02:26 AM2/25/09
to Critical Teaching
Just in case it was missed, Derek has said:

"As for Hotels, currently the best bets are the Atlanta Downtown
Hilton and the Sheraton, and possibly the Red Roof Inn on Courtland
Street. We were told that the Hyatt and Marriott are sold out now, and
possibly the Days Inn."

Derek also said he can be of help suggesting other places to stay - I
hope people who are coming are able to find somewhere! He has also
suggested that panels be on the Saturday - would Saturday/Sunday be
okay or just Saturday? Maybe that could be useful for people who wish
to travel home on the Sunday, I'm not sure... I'll be there from Fri-
Tues, so it's fine by me but didn't want to assume that the cost
factor is that simple for everyone...

Matt Lowry

Feb 25, 2009, 8:40:50 PM2/25/09
to Critical Teaching
I plan on coming in on Friday and leaving either late Sunday or early
Monday. So either Saturday or Sunday would be fine for me.

Cheers - Matt

Matt Lowry

Feb 25, 2009, 9:03:01 PM2/25/09
to Critical Teaching
Wow, those hotels are filling up *fast*!

Even some of the overflow hotels are full. I did manage to get a room
at the Hampton Inn, but if you haven't booked a room yet, I'd get
moving.

Cheers - Matt

badrescher

Feb 25, 2009, 9:30:36 PM2/25/09
to Critical Teaching
I booked a few weeks ago to arrive Friday morning & leave Monday
afternoon.
Even then, 2 of the three central hotels were full. I'm booked at the
Hilton.