C. Manners- Please carry on

Critical...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2008, 1:23:05 PM4/25/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
I hope that someone will continue Critical Manners. I moved to Oregon
(my home state) because I was done with graduate school. That means
that I can not join you for rides.

It is my fervent wish someone will continue this ride. They are now
taking place in Indiana, Arkansas, Seattle, once in Portland, and
maybe in other places I don't know about.

Stay safe and sane out there, and ride on. The C. Manners message
needs to get out there.

MatthewTsou

May 12, 2008, 9:28:26 PM5/12/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
Hey!

Kevin and I were the only ones who showed up last Friday, May 9th. We
still had a good ride down Polk St. and through the Presidio. If
anyone is still interested in riding Critical Manners, please reply
here.

Matt

malison2

May 13, 2008, 12:18:55 PM5/13/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
I'm interested and will try and make the June ride.

malison
> > needs to get out there.- Hide quoted text -

Critical...@gmail.com

May 13, 2008, 2:38:21 PM5/13/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
It makes me really happy that folks are carrying on the ride. Matt,
could you let Kevin know I moved and that is why I no longer come?

Thank you so very much. :)

blueberryipod

May 14, 2008, 10:28:17 AM5/14/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
I joined this group way back when because I really wanted to ride and
then (alas) the school break ended and i went off to college. However,
I am graduating this month(!) and will return sf at the end of may at
which i am hoping to start joining you guys regularly. Please don't
disband before june, the fact that there are other people out there
who believe in this kind of mission has given me the courage to stand
up against the critical massers on my college campus and fight for
helmet and safety measures independant of their desire for bicycle
domination and anarchy.

-Franne

Critical...@gmail.com

May 14, 2008, 11:43:51 AM5/14/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
Franne,

Congratulations on finishing school. If you get back in late May you
are just in time to join the June ride. C-Manners meets the second
Friday of every month.

spam...@trip.net

May 15, 2008, 1:28:43 PM5/15/08
to critical-man...@googlegroups.com
You know what would have been nifty, on this lovely Bike to Work Day?
If the various supervisors who rode to the City Hall news conference
had stopped at red lights. I don't know what other supervisors did,
but mine blew through every one he came to, trailing a gaggle of
constituents who did the same.

It would be nice to have them model better behavior next year.

Linda

Critical...@gmail.com

May 17, 2008, 1:38:16 PM5/17/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
Linda, did they really blow all the lights and signs?

I've just found out they are trying to start a critical mass here near
where I live. Additionally, a man was featured on the front of the
Grants Pass Courier because he's started riding his bike to work every
day because of the fuel prices. FYI, temperatures here range from the
'30's in the winter to over 100 (like today). I was glad to see the
guy get so much coverage.

spam...@trip.net

May 19, 2008, 1:41:12 PM5/19/08
to critical-man...@googlegroups.com
I was only riding with my supervisor for several blocks, but did see
him cheerfully sail through multiple red lights; presumably he stops
when it's a huge intersection with lots of cross traffic, though I
didn't have occasion to confirm that.

Sounds like good things are happening in Oregon--that's great!

Linda

Reama

Jun 11, 2008, 4:00:08 PM6/11/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
I did some googling today and found there are rides in:
Cape Fear, NC
Indianapolis, IN
Central Arkansas
Seattle
Baton Rouge, LA
Seattle ("Ride Civil."

and rides might soon start in Toronto and Columbus, OH.

Additionally, I have seen posts about starting a Critical Mass in my
area. I might go ahead and start a Critical Manners up here soon.

Best,
Reama

Tom Ezell

Jun 13, 2008, 4:19:02 PM6/13/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
We're still riding in Little Rock, AR... The last ride was on
Wednesday, June 6 with 8 riders, and we will be back out there on July
2.

Critical Manners in Arkansas is sponsored by Bicycle Advocacy of
Central Arkansas (BACA), and we ride on the first Wednesday of every
month at 5:30 p.m. from the parking lot of the Arkansas Arts Center,
at the intersection of 10th and Commerce Streets in Little Rock.

Tom Ezell
BACA Education Chair