expanding, rejuvenating SF Critical Manners

davido

Aug 8, 2008, 6:23:06 PM8/8/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
I rode for the first time in June, loving the idea and with high
hopes. It was a small (but committed) group that showed up, and we had
a good time. But I'd like to see so much more--more people riding,
ridiculously synchronized hand signals, everyone in bright orange (ok
maybe that's over the top).

How to bring more people out?

1. I think that showing up at Critical MASSes and standing out (as
above, talking to people, bring a banner even) in order to reach out
and tap in to the many riders who like(d) Mass but have a problem with
lawlessness, bad image of cyclists, etc.

2. ask for help & support from SF Bicycle Coalition, who (I think)
want to support a Manners ride, to help get the word out

what do y'all think?

Reama

Aug 15, 2008, 8:11:37 PM8/15/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
Hi David,

I'm glad to see you taking an interest in maintaining the SF ride. I
contacted the SFBC and they didn't feel like giving us their official
stamp of approval, even though they're given credit for starting the
ride on a few biking websites.

I like the idea of an outreach at Critical Mass. We (riders ) tossed
that idea back and forth a few times but no one ever got around to
doing the outreach. If you do it, let me know how it goes!