Re: {CManners SF:81} Re: Discussion on a-list-of-cities-with-critical-manners-rides

1 view

John Thiel

Aug 6, 2008, 7:00:02 PM8/6/08
to Reama, critical-man...@googlegroups.com
New Yorkers may take it as sarcasm and/or performance art--in which case it should be very popular.

It's also a great way to teach novices safe riding habits.

Questions though: helmets required, right? Do you permit people to participate on non-standard bikes?

As for pinkies out, that was a joke question--how else would you properly drink from a water bottle?

Aug 8, 2008, 5:51:51 PM8/8/08
to Critical Manners Ride SF
You're funny. I like it. So, you totally get it! The best part about
Manners was having new riders come out, feel confident, have fun AND
learn how to cycle safely in an urban environment.

Helmets are required as are blinkies if you're riding at night. Non-
standard bikes are okay! We once had a guy in a shimmery tuxedo & top
hat show up on his fixed gear with wood rims and no brakes and it was
totally cool. Just be polite but assertive out there, follow the
rules, and have fun. Please do let me know if you create any sort of
cool logos or anything.

I'm super excited that you're interested in C. Manners and I urge you
to make it your own. Pinkies in or pinkies out is up to you. I found
my Baccarat water bottles kept breaking.