MGRS Atlas and grids for Concepcion, Chile

Subu Swaminathan

Mar 2, 2010, 10:09:07 AM3/2/10
to CrisisMappers-Chile
Please find the first draft version of a 8.5 x 11" (or A4 ISO page
size)
1:25,000 street atlas for Concepcion, Chile at the link provided
below.
Data is courtesy of OpenStreetMap. We would welcome additional (but
reasonable) requests, comments, and feedback. We've used some new
compression techniques that squeeze the entire atlas down to 0.8MB in
size. Just in case that's still too large, we've still made each page
individually available. Total number of 1:25,000 pages is 22.

http://mississippi.deltastate.edu/data/Chile/Concepcion_Chile_25Kscale_8511A4size_Geopdf_Street_Atlas_vDSU20100301/

As for MGRS grid data, we've completed it and posted it to:

http://mississippi.deltastate.edu/data/Chile/MGRS_Data/

You'll note we've gone ahead and created 100-m polygon data in
preparation for 1:6,000 atlas products should decent imagery become
available in a format we can use.

--
Subramanian Swaminathan
Education and Projects Coordinator

Matt Fox

Mar 2, 2010, 1:38:28 PM3/2/10
to CrisisMappers-Chile
Nice, Here is KML version of your atlas.

http://www.gelib.com/maps/chile-earthquake/concepcion-atlas.kmz

Many more KML layers available in this network link
http://www.gelib.com/maps/chile-earthquake/chile-earthquake.kml

Matt
http://www.gelib.com

On Mar 2, 7:09 am, Subu Swaminathan <geos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please find the first draft version of a 8.5 x 11" (or A4 ISO page
> size)
> 1:25,000 street atlas for Concepcion, Chile at the link provided
> below.
> Data is courtesy of OpenStreetMap. We would welcome additional (but
> reasonable) requests, comments, and feedback. We've used some new
> compression techniques that squeeze the entire atlas down to 0.8MB in
> size. Just in case that's still too large, we've still made each page
> individually available. Total number of 1:25,000 pages is 22.
>

> http://mississippi.deltastate.edu/data/Chile/Concepcion_Chile_25Kscal...

> As for MGRS grid data, we've completed it and posted it to:
>
> http://mississippi.deltastate.edu/data/Chile/MGRS_Data/
>
> You'll note we've gone ahead and created 100-m polygon data in
> preparation for 1:6,000 atlas products should decent imagery become
> available in a format we can use.
>
> --
> Subramanian Swaminathan
> Education and Projects Coordinator
> Center for Interdisciplinary Geospatial Information Technologies
> Box 3325, Kethley 146
> Delta State University
> Cleveland, MS 38733
> Office: 662 846 4522