CrisisCamp Berlin: Hacking 4 Gaza

Spike

Aug 2, 2014, 4:17:48 PM8/2/14
to CrisisCommons

*CrisisCamp Berlin: Hacking 4 Gaza - Saturday 9th August 2014 >>
*http://attending.io/events/crisiscamp-berlin-hacking-4-gaza

Spike

Spike

Aug 5, 2014, 9:07:44 AM8/5/14
to crisis...@googlegroups.com, crisis...@googlegroups.com
From http://venturevillage.eu/crisiscamp-berlin-hacking-4-gaza

"

While some people demonstrate and others donate, some developers want to help in other ways. With the current conflict going on at the Gaza strip, Berlin-based Ismail Chaib and Pavlik Elf organize a hackathon to create tech solutions to support people in Gaza.

“We made this event to leverage new technologies in order to address a situation we all feel uncomfortable about. We’re looking forward to see the innovative ‘hacks’ people would come up with,” Chaib says. “We will have people from Gaza joining the event as well so that we make sure the solutions match the need of the population they seek to serve.”

During the event, three topic will be of interest:

  1. Building emergency relief solutions that could be used on the ground by palestinians and/or NGOs and emergency units.

  2. Facilitating dialogue between all parties offline and online

  3. Raising awareness globally and informing citizens and policy-makers

These could cover ideas like a crisis map of Palestine and Israel territory or helping by organizing community translations.

More details can be found on the website."

Spike