Re: [liberationtech] Contact Needed for Disaster Relief Software for Nepal

Spike

May 1, 2015, 10:45:43 AM5/1/15
to crisis...@googlegroups.com, CrisisCommons, standbyt...@googlegroups.com, h...@openstreetmap.org, Eric Li, liberationtech
Eric,

I am guessing that the people that you are looking for may be a bit busy
currently, but I am forwarding this to a few lists where such folk may lurk.

Spike

On 01/05/2015 14:43, Yosem Companys wrote:
> From: *Eric Li* <chen...@stanford.edu <mailto:chen...@stanford.edu>>
>
> I am recently working with a team on UI/UX research for Sahana
> Software Foundation, which has a disaster relief software that would
> be relevant to Nepal relief efforts. I wish to seek your help in
> obtaining contacts in the disaster management space.
>
> We are planning a user research study to better understand different
> roles within the disaster preparation / response ecosystem. We would
> like to interview people who work or volunteer in the following
> capacities:
>
> * Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Project Officer
> * IT Administrator (maintains disaster management software for his
> or her organization)
> * Supplies / Shelter Provider
> * HR Manager
> * Volunteer Coordinator
> * Field Volunteer
>
> If you know anyone in these roles who might be willing to participate
> in a interview with us, _please reply with their name, email address,
> job title and organization._
>
> For example, do you know anyone who volunteers for Red Cross? Or other
> organizations involved in Nepal relief?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Team Sahana (Lizzie, Tanu, Eric, Rachel, Rochelle)

Nuwan Waidyanatha

May 2, 2015, 12:16:01 AM5/2/15
to crisis...@googlegroups.com
The Sahana Software Foundation have deployed an instance of the Sahana Open Source Disaster Management Software to provide a flexible solution for organizations and communities respond to the Nepal Earthquake:

http://nepal.sahana.io/

http://sahanafoundation.org/nepal-earthquake-2015-sitrep-3/

Nuwan