Virtual CrisisCamp for Chile?

CrisisCamp PDX

Feb 27, 2010, 1:06:31 PM2/27/10
to CrisisCampPDX
If anybody is interested in/willing to take on spearheading virtual
projects for local response to Chile quake, let me know. Seems like
the crisis mappers and the crisis wiki folks are jumping on it and
I've tweeted about that. I've gotten some google-only skill set
interest in helping with people finder but not finding a lot to do
there yet.

Any suggestions, let me know.

Laura

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Feb 27, 2010, 3:41:06 PM2/27/10
to crisis...@googlegroups.com, CrisisCamp PDX, CrisisCampPDX
I'm sort of involved at the moment - doing a little testing of my
Twitter stuff. Most everyone else is at an OSBridge work sprint
downtown, so they're probably not tracking Chile.

Quite a lot has happened already on the other mailing lists, and the
level of technology in Chile is a lot better than it was in Haiti. The
reports I saw said cell phones were out after the quake, but Internet
was mostly available.

There definitely is CrisisCamp activity in DC and IIRC London as well.
For now, the IRC channel http://irc.rhok.net and the new Google Group
http://groups.google.com/group/crisismappers-chile/ are where the
action is getting co-ordinated.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky/

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erd?s