Re: OpenStreetMap CrisisCampPDX Recap

1 view

Rafa Gutierrez

Feb 5, 2010, 12:37:13 PM2/5/10
to Rafa Gutierrez, juste...@gmail.com, robot...@gmail.com, bpr...@gmail.com, coon...@hotmail.com, ans...@hook.org, tcha...@gmail.com, jcbe...@yahoo.com, maps2p...@gmail.com, mark....@ci.portland.or.us, justin...@gmail.com, Per...@pdx.edu, wherec...@googlegroups.com, crisis...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've been in touch with a number of you since CrisisCampPDX and have been trying to organize a meetup this month to recap some of the work and lessons learned from OpenStreetMap mapping effort. There were many questions and ideas floating around but little time to organize it all. I would like to bring some of the ideas and solutions that I've learned about in the past two weeks and also hear from others about what will make this a smoother process when there is another CrisisCamp.

So, rather than keep juggling dates, I'll throw next Thursday for a lunch time meetup. I will post the location but it will likely be somewhere downtown. PLEASE RSVP by Tuesday

If you're getting this email for the first time, I just wanted to touch base with as many open source mappers out there who might be interested in OSM and the some of the work that has been underway for the CrisisCamps. I don't know of a local OpenStreetMap group but if there is one, I will be cross posting with them and others from the CrisisCamp and WhereCamp communities. Also, there is a CrisisCamp in Seattle this weekend for those who may have time for more projects.

Have a great weekend and hope to see you next Thursday!

OpenStreetMap Meetup
Thursday, February11, 2010 Noon
Location - Downtown, TBD

- Rafa
--
503.705.6592
@rafamoustafah - me

Rafa Gutierrez

Feb 8, 2010, 12:26:14 PM2/8/10
to Rafa Gutierrez, juste...@gmail.com, robot...@gmail.com, bpr...@gmail.com, coon...@hotmail.com, ans...@hook.org, tcha...@gmail.com, jcbe...@yahoo.com, maps2p...@gmail.com, mark....@ci.portland.or.us, justin...@gmail.com, Per...@pdx.edu, wherec...@googlegroups.com, crisis...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

So far, best place for a Thursday meetup looks like the Galleria. Food carts are just outside but give yourself some time to stand in line as they are really popular. I'll get there early to grab a table inside.

OpenStreetMap Meetup - CrisisCamp Recap and other topics
Thursday, February11, 2010 Noon
Location - Downtown, the Galleria, between SW 9th and 10th; come in through the Alder side.

Hope to see you there!

Igal Koshevoy

Feb 9, 2010, 6:54:16 AM2/9/10
to crisis...@googlegroups.com, Rafa Gutierrez
Rafa,

Thanks for moving ahead this. The Galleria and foodcarts have worked well for small lunch meetups.

I'll be glad to see you:
1. Add this event to Calagator.org to help raise awareness, be sure to provide a link to this mailing list.
2. Post the details to the WhereCampPDX mailing list and invite those folks, with a reminder that this mailing list exists.
3. Prepare a tweet that we can retweet, like with @wherecamppdx.

Cheers!

-igal

Rafa Gutierrez