Re: [crisiscamppdx] Digest for crisiscamppdx@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Joan Towers

Feb 5, 2010, 7:23:38 PM2/5/10
to crisis...@googlegroups.com
Rafa - pls keep me in the loop, I am still hopeful about organizing a CCSalem - just can't find a good location w strong wifi that will host us! ARGH
I will be in Calif all next week so need to miss this gathering - glad you are doing some wrap up - so crucial w volunteer projects!
Best, Joan
twitter @ crisiscampsalem

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM, <crisiscamp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/crisiscamppdx/topics

    Rafa Gutierrez <sound...@gmail.com> Feb 05 09:37AM -0800 ^

    Hello,

    I've been in touch with a number of you since *CrisisCampPDX *and have been
    trying to organize a meetup this month to recap some of the work and lessons
    learned from *OpenStreetMap *mapping effort. There were many questions and
    ideas floating around but little time to organize it all. I would like to
    bring some of the ideas and solutions that I've learned about in the past
    two weeks and also hear from others about what will make this a smoother
    process when there is another CrisisCamp.

    So, rather than keep juggling dates, I'll throw* next Thursday *for a lunch
    time meetup. I will post the location but it will likely be somewhere
    downtown. *PLEASE RSVP by Tuesday*.

    *If you're getting this email for the first time, I just wanted to touch
    base with as many open source mappers out there who might be interested in
    OSM and the some of the work that has been underway for the CrisisCamps. I
    don't know of a local OpenStreetMap group but if there is one, I will be
    cross posting with them and others from the CrisisCamp and WhereCamp
    communities. Also, there is a CrisisCamp in Seattle this weekend for those
    who may have time for more projects.*

    Have a great weekend and hope to see you next Thursday!

    *OpenStreetMap Meetup*
    Thursday, February11, 2010 Noon
    Location - Downtown, TBD

    - Rafa
    --
    503.705.6592
    @rafamoustafah - me

--
Joan Towers
BizDevPros

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Feb 7, 2010, 7:28:49 PM2/7/10
to CrisisCampPDX
Hmmm ... could we have a combined PDX - Salem session in Wilsonville?
I think Tri-Met goes there, even on weekends. Or we could pool
vehicles.

On Feb 5, 4:23 pm, Joan Towers <crisiscampsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rafa - pls keep me in the loop, I am still hopeful about organizing a
> CCSalem - just can't find a good location w strong wifi that will host us!
> ARGH
> I will be in Calif all next week so need to miss this gathering - glad you
> are doing some wrap up - so crucial w volunteer projects!
> Best, Joan
> twitter @ crisiscampsalem
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM,

> <crisiscamp...@googlegroups.com<crisiscamppdx%2Bno...@googlegroups.com>

> > wrote:
> >   Today's Topic Summary
>
> > Group:http://groups.google.com/group/crisiscamppdx/topics
>

> >    - OpenStreetMap CrisisCampPDX Recap <#1269fe58390ce89e_group_thread_0>[1 Update]
>
> >   Topic: OpenStreetMap CrisisCampPDX Recap<http://groups.google.com/group/crisiscamppdx/t/ae09c4ff6babf4f3>
>
> >    Rafa Gutierrez <soundofr...@gmail.com> Feb 05 09:37AM -0800 ^<#1269fe58390ce89e_digest_top>

> >    http://www.google.com/profiles/rafamoustafah- my profile

JoanT

Mar 29, 2010, 5:19:10 PM3/29/10
to CrisisCampPDX
HI Ed - I just found this email!

Willamette University agreed to host our CrisisCampSALEM on April 10th
@10am - by collaborating with a new student created group: Willamette
Students for Haiti group.

As a non-techie, I have tried valiantly to read every page of the
website, wiki, project links etc and communicate with leaders, Noel
included. I and a few lead volunteers find the wiki and web pages very
confusing - especially w project status.

Have recruited a few opensource volunteers to help review the
technical side and help direct us toward projects where both tech and
non-tech volunteers can contribute.Correspondence to several project
managers or leads have no response so unsure if those we are
considering have need for more work.

Do you have any suggestions or are you willing to help in some way in
Salem -- since we don't seem to have the same tech community network
here as in PDX.

<2 weeks and am focused more on logistics and volunteer recruitment
as our planning group decided to focus only on Haiti and we are
lacking technically skilled volunteers willing to take a leadership
role.
Any insights you can offer are helpful!
Best, Joan

PS Categories we are interested in include crisiscommons organization
for future crisismanagement support, Pict-O Speak mobile phone
application, French translation (we have a french speaker) and maybe
something with Sahana.