Re: Need english to spanish translator for Tweak the Tweet

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Feb 27, 2010, 7:54:41 PM2/27/10
to tweak-t...@googlegroups.com, crisismap...@googlegroups.com, Sophia Liu, crisis...@googlegroups.com
I have uploaded a backsearch data file from Chile to

http://github.com/znmeb/Chile-Quake-Tracking/blob/master/chile_quake.csv

This is a search using Twitter Search back in time for all tweets that
Twitter believes came from a 325 km radius of the epicenter. That
includes Santiago at the edge of the circle. The actual geocode I used
for the search is

-35.846,-72.719,325km

The first reference to the quake I found has a time stamp of
"2010-02-27 06:34:37 +0000". You should be able to extract a list of
people on the ground from the "from_user" column and ask them to start
using the hashtags. You might even be able to get one of them to
translate the document - I believe there are plenty of bilingual
Twitter users in Santiago.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky/

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdos