Cross-post and call for proposals (Gov 2.0 Expo Showcase)

Laurel Ruma

Jun 26, 2009, 10:46:18 AM6/26/09
to crisi...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
I'm sorry I couldn't make CrisisCamp, but the chatter I heard coming out of it was fantastic and I hope to see you all at the next one :)

Two quick things:
1) Call for proposals: Gov 2.0 Expo Showcase in D.C. on September 8 (www.gov2expo.com). O'Reilly Media is hosting the Gov 2.0 Summit (www.gov2summit.com) this fall; however, the day before we're doing the Gov 2.0 Expo Showcase at the Convention Center. This is a day-long event with 5-minute lightning talk presentations about cool and exciting projects that people are working on in the open gov/Gov 2.0 space. Winners from each category get to present to the Summit attendees the next day and win a Gov 2.0 award. The call for proposals ends on June 30. Please feel free to ask me any questions!

2) The following is a posting for help with mapping from the Transparency Camp list

From: Steven Clift
I am working up some big ideas related to electronic block clubs ...
essentially, private online spaces with your closest neighbors.

Drop me a note, if you are willing to answer a few questions about
tools /approaches to use address databases/maps to allow people to
choose the distance from them that they would like to connect with
others, etc.  - cl...@e-democracy.org

We'd connect folks in those small private clusters up into our
existing public neighborhood Issues Forum model (a hybrid
e-list/forum/placeblog). See latest blog example about a mugging:
http://blog.e-democracy.org/posts/355

--
Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.Org