NYC Meet up on Thursday & CrisisCampPhilly Registration Opens

1 view

Heather Blanchard

Sep 15, 2009, 10:18:07 PM9/15/09
to CrisisCamp, ghe...@temple.edu
Greetings -

Just wanted to catch everyone up with a few things!

1) CrisisCampNYC will be having a meet up at Grey Dog Coffee at 33
Carmine Street at 7pm. If you are in NYC or its boroughs, please do
come on down! Here is more info:

2) CrisisCampPhilly is moving full steam ahead! Registration was
launched today!

Crisis Camp Philly will bring together disability advocates and policy
makers, domain experts, developers, first responders, disability
studies students, assistive techology experts and scholars,
international, national and local NGOs, film makers and people of all
abilities around exploring and pushing the limits of Universal Design
as applies to Disaster Mitigation through Innovation, Collaboration
and Inclusion. The goal will be to develop requirements and guidelines
to support the initiative that started with CrisisCampDC: Improving
technology and practice for humanitarian crisis management and
disaster management.

The tentative working dates for the first CrisisCampPhilly event will
the weekend ofOct 24 & 25th. That will be confirmed by September 18th,
2009. The location will most likely be at Temple University's main
campus in Philadelphia. This will be based on acquiring a ADA
accessible facility.
Our intent is to have CrisisCampPA follow in the Spring of 2010.
So follow us on Twitter!

Our accessibility policy will be have our events at only ADA
accessible facilities.
In terms of accessible electronic information and technology,
regarding information that we have control of will be accessible or
made accessible by alternative accommodations. There will also be a
accessible "mirror" site of the content presented here.

If you have any questions contact me (George Heake) by email at:gheake
(at) temple.edu

Registration is open! http://crisiscampphilly09.eventbrite.com/