Encountering issues while blending vessels

Jennifer

Jul 29, 2020, 1:19:53 PM7/29/20
to CRIMSON Users
Hello all,

In the simple branched geometry showed in the attached images, my geometry consists of two vessel segments: one includes the inflow and the outflow of one branch, while the other consists of only the other branch. I'm encountering a couple of unknowns which I believe are related to blending, and I'm hoping someone may be able to provide some details about my potential errors:

(1) When I choose "blend all", the resulting geometry shows inconsistent coloring of the lofted vessels (photo attached). Is this is an error, and if so, what can I do to avoid this?

(2) After blending, under the "mesh" tab, the fillet region seems to be detected as a wall in addition to the vessel walls (photo attached). This is happening for a range of fillet sizes.

A couple of other questions regarding the geometric modeling steps:

(3) When importing geometry in stl format, is the meshing step still necessary, since the model is already triangulated?

(4) When modeling a single vessel, is the blending step still necessary in order to obtain a "blended" model for computational purposes? Would one choose a fillet size of "0"?

Thank you very much for any help on these topics.

- Jennifer
blended_branch.JPG
fillet_wall.JPG

Jennifer

Jul 29, 2020, 1:30:00 PM7/29/20
to CRIMSON Users
Tried editing to add: Is there a way to display the measurements of the vessel cross-sections, particularly at inlet/outlet BCs?

C. Alberto Figueroa

Jul 30, 2020, 10:08:34 AM7/30/20
to CRIMSON Users
Hi Jennifer

Please see screen capture below. You need to be in the path of the vessel you want to query areas and diameters from. In the existing contours menu, double click on the contour you want to examine. then, in the menu right below, click on the "Current contour information" arrow. This will display radius, diameter, circumference, area, etc.
Hope this helps