Change the number of processors

Alice Saffioti

Jan 20, 2022, 9:41:34 AM1/20/22
to CRIMSON Users
Hi! I need to stop and restart my simulation with more processors than the initial ones. How can I do that without losing all the data I already have?
Thank you!
Alice

Liz Livingston

Feb 24, 2022, 4:12:14 PM2/24/22
to CRIMSON Users
Hi Alice,

Yes this is possible, but a little involved.
  1. Copy all simulation files to a new directory (i.e. "testDir") and delete the restart.0.1 file
  2. Use the multipostsolver.bat script to recombined the restart files (see instructions in previous discussion here)
  3. Copy the restart file of the last time step to your new directory, "testDir" (i.e. restart.100.0 for the 100th time step)
  4. Rename the file to restart.0.1 and restart the simulation with the new number of processors!
Thank you,
Liz