Fwd: CRIMSON post to mailing list

Chris Arthurs

Apr 12, 2021, 4:10:40 PM4/12/21
to CRIMSON Users
Sent on behalf of Jenn Greer <jenng...@gmail.com>:

Hello CRIMSON developers and users,

I have a few questions about model importing and generating a mesh with image sequence data that is not DICOM:

(1) I have microscopy image stacks of pulmonary vasculature and was wondering if any other image sequence file types work for creating vessels within CRIMSON, (e.g. tiff stacks)?

(2) When importing an .stl file, what are the specifications for the model, aside from being "water tight"? Does the model need to be solid throughout, or is a hollow vessel/branch with closed inlet/outlet faces acceptable?

(3) What determines whether a surface is detected as either "wall" or "flow surface"? I have a model (attached) that was smoothed in Paraview, surfaces were clipped, and then "capped" in Meshmixer. When I import the model, a very large number of faces are detected and the inlet/outlet surfaces seem to either be detected as or merging with a wall.  The segment is not perfectly cylindrical. Most of our data reflects vascular remodeling in pulmonary hypertension and is therefore highly complex geometrically.

Thank you very much, and I look forward to any replies!
-Jennifer
smoothed_capped.stl