4D flow

habib jalili

Dec 15, 2021, 7:25:26 AM12/15/21
to CRIMSON Users
Hello all,

We try to import the 4D flow velocity as an inlet for the aorta, we have data that gave us the x,y,z, and Vx, Vy, Vz as a function of time.
Could you please help me with the idea of 4D flow velocity to import it as an inlet velocity in CRIMSON software?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Habib

Chris Arthurs

Dec 18, 2021, 6:04:01 AM12/18/21
to habib jalili, CRIMSON Users
Hi Habib,

There's no direct way to do this, and I wouldn't recommend it, as 4D flow data will certainly violate the incompressibility constraints of fluid flow - it's just not going to be accurate enough for the numerical solvers to work.

What I'd recommend is computing a volumetric flow rate curve from your 4D data using some external software, and imposing that on the inflow using the .flow file procedure detailed in the documentation. Alternatively, if you have through-plane PC-MRI data, you could use the PC-MRI module to extract and impose that.

Best wishes,
Chris

habib jalili

Dec 22, 2021, 6:07:49 PM12/22/21
to CRIMSON Users

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your suggestion, at the moment we are doing this" import the volumetric flow of the 4D MRI data ".
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Habib