Error writing solver setup

Francesco Sturla

Mar 25, 2022, 10:03:12 AM3/25/22
to CRIMSON Users
Dear all,
I am new to CRIMSON and I am experiencing an issue with writing the solver setup: when I click the "Setup Solver" button I receive the following error:

An error has occured during the process of writing solver setup.Please see log for details

In the log:

TypeError: writeSolverSetup() takes exactly 12 arguments (9 given)

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks for Your kind support.
Best
Francesco

cart...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2022, 8:52:17 AM4/3/22
to CRIMSON Users
Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your email. I've just taken a look at this and I think I've found the problem.

Could you please replace the CRIMSONCore and CRIMSONSolver directories in your CRIMSON insallation (likely somewhere like C:\Program Files\CRIMSON 2022.02.04\bin\Python\lib\site-packages) with the two folders in the attached zip?

Do not delete the existing folders; just paste these folders so that their contents over-writes the existing content.

Please let me know if that helps - it sounds like we need to release a patch.

Thank you,
Chris
CRIMSONPythonModules.zip

Francesco Sturla

Apr 22, 2022, 5:52:09 AM4/22/22
to CRIMSON Users
Dear Chris,
thanks for your valuable assistance. It now works properly.
Best

Francesco

craig.bo...@article.one

Aug 15, 2022, 12:51:51 PM8/15/22
to CRIMSON Users
FYI, I had the same problem using the GUI and Solver downloaded yesterday. I'm following along with Example A from the PLoS paper. This problem occurs at slide 33.

The solution posted here fixed it for me also. Here are the details on the version that I had downloaded on 14 Aug 2022:
Thanks for all the hard work to make CRIMSON accessible to the community.

--craig