Orpheus Music Update

1 view

CREMS President

Jul 7, 2022, 11:14:27 PM7/7/22
to News and Announcements List
Dear Canberra Recorder and Early Music Society,

Below is an update of all the various projects underway. We need your help to involve as many recorder players, performers or composers to make next year's festival extra special! We would like to thank all of the recorder communities for coming together and supporting Orpheus Music in creating this event, esp. after the last two years of very little music making.

The Australasian Recorder Festival

  • Is now open - https://www.trybooking.com/CAAXK Early Bird discount is until the 11th July.
  • Please send out reminders to students or people you know who might be interested.
  • We currently have people enrolled from NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD and the UK.

Australasian recorder Competition – Solo and Ensemble - Now open Australasian Recorder Competition - Orpheus Music

  • The setworks have been altered a little to require less movements. We hope this will make it more accessible to younger players. Ie 2 movements of a sonata rather than all 4.
  • If you have any society members, students or ensembles, please let them know about this competition and the prizes available. There are even some groups forming over the internet, learning their parts separately and joining together a few days before the competition!
  • If you know of a few people within your society attending the festival, why not form an ensemble?
  • We are very grateful that we have sponsors for all the prizes. And we sincerely thank our sponsors:
    • the solo sections have been sponsored by Mollenhauer and the Don Cowell Memorial Trust
    • the ensemble sections by the Victorian Recorder Guild

Orpheus Music Composition Competition for Recorder Orchestra - Now open https://orpheusmusic.com.au/Resources/composition-competition-2020-n17

If you know any colleagues or friends who are composers, please let them know about this competition. The prizes are listed below.

As far as we know this will be the first time in at least 7 years that recorder orchestra music will be showcased and published in the recorder community - so please spread the word to as many composers as possible!

Thank you to the sponsors who are kindly helping support contemporary music within Australia. We sincerely thank our sponsors: Canberra Recorder and Early Music Society, Sydney Recorder Society, Recorder Players SA and Recorder and Early Music Society of West Australia.

Orpheus Music Composition Competition 2022 Tickets | TryBooking Australia

We have attached images and flyers to attach or share in your local music making community. Don't hesitate to email us if you would like more materials to share the festival and/or competitions.

Keep warm and thank you for any help you can give regarding these very exciting projects!

Warm Regards,

Zana and Alex

Orpheus Music

--