Fwd: [cc-affiliates] Seoul City Government Is Sharing Documents with the Public

Ivan Chew

Nov 17, 2013, 1:28:58 AM11/17/13
to creativecomm...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: 강현숙
Date: Sunday, 17 November 2013
Subject: [cc-affiliates] Seoul City Government Is Sharing Documents with the Public
To: "cc-aff...@lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-aff...@lists.ibiblio.org>

Hi! A good news from Seoul.

Seoul city government recently launched a platform sharing administrative documents and worksheets, even while in process, to the public.
They include almost every document, minor and major: ones like vacation request to budget consultation. (except personal info and confidential documents)
The documents and worksheets are available under CC licenses.

The current Mayor of Seoul, Won-Soon Park has a career background of non-profit org.
He initiated his Sharing Seoul plan this year, and eagerly opening public data.
(Maybe he's familiar to some of you. He's been to CC Asia-Pacific Conference in 2010 and gave a speech about fundraising.)

Following is an article on this service:

I heard that this is the very first case for a city opening every administrative documents to its citizens.
I think this is a very meaningful step for cities. Happy to share this news.

Thanks

Jennifer, Creative Commons Korea.

--
"Every Book its Reader; Every Reader his Book"