Re-post: [CC Asia-Pacific] What can we do together as region in 2015?

Ivan Chew

Jan 5, 2015, 12:08:21 AM1/5/15
to creativecomm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, for those who don't follow the CC SG Facebook page, I'm re-posting this message with permission. Soohyun, the CC Asia-Pac Regional Coordinator, posted this to the CC Asia Pacific mailing list sometime in Nov 2013. Personally I'm keen to explore items 1 and 2 with other Asian jurisdictions, but not necessarily lead them though. Comments/ suggestions are welcome. Thanks ~ Ivan

[Begin message]
Now that individual teams have had time to put in their Global Summit bids, Jessica and I thought it could be a good time to start thinking about what we can do together as region next year in the lead up to the Summit. We don’t know yet whether and what grant opportunities there will be, but I think chances are, the earlier we start planning, the more opportunities we will be able to take.
There are several excellent ideas put forward at the Seoul regional meeting we can revisit:

1. Online art exhibition - this could be done in conjunction with Global Summit, something similar to the CC Visual Arts Exhibition held during the Warsaw Global Summit in 2011. If we start planning early enough, perhaps we could do a remix contest or invite artists from different jurisdictions to collaborate.

2. Developing Vol.2 of CC music app introducing CC musicians in our region - See details of the original here: http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/35929
FYI, CC Korea started to talk about how to do it in collaboration with CC mixtape project team. We will keep you updated on this if you’re interested.

3. Collaborative projects in such areas as OER - Maybe teams who are interested in could develop and run a series of workshops together, or collaborate to build toolkits or other materials.
There are several examples we can refer to, for example SOO projects in Africa, and we could ask for advice from Jane Park and teams who have participated in those projects.

Of course, any projects would rely on plenty of participants - so if you want to be involved, let us know. If you are interested in taking the initiative in and/or contributing to any of the ideas above, please reply to this email to further discuss your thoughts.
Or, please feel free to be creative and share any ideas you would like to add to the list!

Best,
Soohyun
[End message]

mhishamdotorg .

Jan 5, 2015, 3:52:15 AM1/5/15
to creativecomm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the reshare. I missed the FB Group posting. Will think about this and let you know.

cheers,
Hisham

mhishamdotorg .

Jan 11, 2015, 10:57:31 PM1/11/15
to creativecomm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,

With regards to (1), do you think we could write a note to the local arts bodies, and ask if they are open to get artists involved in a CC-license event?

cheers,
Hisham