Re: Creative Commons, West Afroca

1 view

AYO KUSAMOTU

Jun 7, 2005, 8:29:24 AM6/7/05
to Guido Sohne, David Kezio Musoke, chris...@creativecommons.org, jon_...@yahoo.com, smoke...@yahoo.com, ha...@humanities.uct.ac.za, cele...@hotmail.com, olivie...@osiris.sn, for...@pdm.wits.ac.za, les...@pobox.com, creativecommo...@googlegroups.com
Gentlemen,
I am trying to create a network of law firms across
Africa, a prerequisite is to have a website.Could you
guys recommend a firm from your respective countries?
Great,
Ayo

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/creativecommons-westafrica

> > Group email:
> creativecommo...@googlegroups.com
> >
> <mailto:creativecommo...@googlegroups.com>

> interested in promoting the
> > adoption of the Creative Commons by West Africa.
> >
> If we cannot, as a group, function as a
> mini-commons, then we have a
> very long way to go! Perhaps such a long way to go
> that we should stop
> now, if we cannot.
>
> I issue a challenge! The proposal does not state
> what Creative Commons
> license applies, and bears no marks regarding that.
> Who will be the
> first to place the proposal under the Creative
> Commons by modifying the
> proposal? Who will be the first to adapt the
> proposal for East Africa?
> Who will help us derive a budget from what needs to
> be done?
>
> -- G.
>
> AYO KUSAMOTU wrote:
>
> >Creative Commons and the internet could connect
> >Africa.It could be a medium whereby information is
> >shared and business done through it .So much could
> be
> >done from avoiding the Corrupt Law Enforcement
> Agents
> >by completing transactions over the internet to
> >sharing intellectual property.I am also thinking
> that
> >maybe we could try to join hands with the Eastern
> >Africa Community?
> >
> >Well guys what do you think?
> >
> >Guido should try to draw up a chart on a way
> foward!!.
> >Regards,
> >

> >--- David Kezio Musoke <dmu...@newvision.co.ug>
> >wrote:
> >

> >>Great initiative guys
> >>Us people in the Eastern part of Africa have what
> we
> >>call the East African
> >>Community. There are three countries in this East
> >>African community
> >>including Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. Rwanda and
> >>Burundi are also trying to
> >>join the Community.
> >>Their are benefits for the member countries....for
> >>instance we have a common
> >>trade jurisdiction and investing oppotunities
> within
> >>the borders of EAC. We
> >>have an EAC parliament with all member states
> having
> >>reps etc etc..So since
> >>we are all British colonies we practice the law
> >>under the same British
> >>Common law system. I and a few collegues of mine
> >>including a few lawyers of
> >>course, are juggling with the idea of patronising
> >>the ccEA (Creative Commons
> >>East Africa). So what do you people think? Any
> >>ideas.
> >>
> >>David Kezio-Musoke
> >>IT /ICT Journalist
> >>http://kezio-musoke.blogspot.com/