Hello world!

Ben Ullman

Jun 11, 2008, 8:39:35 AM6/11/08
to Charlotte Creative Catalysts
Hi everyone,

I wanted to send out a quick message to the "seed group" before I
started promoting this...
If you are a member of this Google group, it is most likely that you
are a KCCI Charlotte catalyst or sponsor, and we've added you. (If
this comes as a surprise, please accept our apologies, and read on to
learn more...)

The Charlotte Creative Catalysts group was created as a way to keep in
touch post-KCCI, and continue to create new (and strengthen existing)
connections throughout the community, while not being tied to a KCCI-
specific mission.

This group can be many things. It can be a simple mailing list, or you
can dig into the features on the group website and get a lot more,
thanks to Google groups functionality. Now would be a good time to
visit the site and select/modify your membership settings (http://
groups.google.com/group/creativecharlotte/subscribe), which will
determine whether you receive an email every time someone posts a
message, whether you want to receive no email at all, or something
inbetween.

Speaking of Google groups functionality, there is a LOT you can do on
the site. And we hope everyone will feel free to add whatever content
they like. I'm not going to set up too much structure at the start. I
would prefer that people just add bits as they see fit. I do plan to
launch some outreach campaigns via social media, but they will all aim
to drive traffic here. This Google group will be the main hub.

That's about it for now.
If anyone needs help figuring out the site or settings, feel free to
email me for help. (Not sure if this message will automagically reveal
my email address to you, or whether I should disclose it in full... )
bu[at]budesigns[dot]com <--- retype that in your email app.

*Google also provides free online apps, including email, groups, and
an office suite, that can be a great benefit for many organizations,
so check it out!

Thanks,
Ben Ullman
[budesigns]